Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year 2009

Got home from work today at 1200 but billed my boss until 1330 + 31km, hah. Hope he doesn't read my blog.

Service calls all morning. Jas & I fixed the problem at the Package Depot: it was a mouse-chewed wire making an intermittent short. He found it. I figured out the flaky transformer at the autobody shop in Surrey, and the 2 of us did blank plates on Salter in Queensborough for about an hour and a half, but called it 3. Business is quiet the last couple weeks. Well, it beats doing pre-wires in a snowstorm like Steve, Ish, Jas and I did a couple weeks ago. BRRR! That was fucking _COLD_!

The city is still full of dumb-asses burning out their engines at red-line trying to get moving in the snow. How long does it take to learn how to operate a vehicle in bad traction?

Some bugger took the parking spot I had carefully cleared out so I had to mire myself in a drift. Fortunately things have warmed up and the ice is melting.

Our apartment building has been without heat and hot water for 2 days. The rotor on the boiler pump sheared off and they seem to be having some trouble getting a new one, so it's cold as a meat locker in here. I can't believe they don't have 2 pumps in parallel just for this occasion.

But, on a brighter note, we just paid rent and now I'm broke.

1 comment:

  1. This is very sexy and entertaining. I look forward to more....

    ReplyDelete